Meet Dr. Michael Lang
“ I strive for a common sense, nurturing approach to your health challenges, and focus on the least invasive, most cost effective primary health care programs. I choose therapies which are life-promoting, while avoiding the use of synthetic, expensive, potentially toxic medications that do not treat the underlying causes.”
Michael Lang, ND received his undergraduate degree from the University of Montana, Missoula. He received his medical training and degree from the NationalCollege of Naturopathic Medicine in Portland, Oregon in 1992. Dr. Lang is licensed to practice medicine by the state of Montana.
Dr. Lang has been practicing naturopathic medicine for over 13 years and homeopathy for over 23 years. In 1992 he founded Nature’s Wisdom Naturopathic Care in Laramie, Wyoming. He has operated practices in Kalispell, Ennis, and now practices in Bozeman, Montana.
Michael Lang, ND is a member of the American Association of Naturopathic Physicians, Montana Association of Naturopathic Physicians, American Academy of Anti-Aging Medicine, and the Bio-Identical Hormone Society.
Dr. Lang, Naturopathic Physician, has been practicing naturopathic medicine for 15 years, homeopathy for 20 years, and using bio-identical hormones in his practice for 10 years, and more recently has initiated his full bio-identical hormone longevity programs (Vital Life Programs).
Dr. Lang is available for speaking engagements with groups regarding health and longevity programs, as well as bio-identical hormone programs
Learn more about Naturopathic Medicine
"Naturopathic medicine is a distinct primary health care profession, emphasizing prevention, treatment, and optimal health through the use of therapeutic methods and substances that encourage individuals’ inherent self-healing process. The practice of naturopathic medicine includes modern and traditional, scientific, and empirical methods"
Naturopathic Medical Practice Principles
- The Healing Power of Nature (Vis Medicatrix Naturae): Naturopathic medicine recognizes an inherent self-healing process in people that is ordered and intelligent. Naturopathic physicians act to identify and remove obstacles to healing and recovery, and to facilitate and augment this inherent self-healing process.
- Identify and Treat the Causes (Tolle Causam): The naturopathic physician seeks to identify and remove the underlying causes of illness rather than to merely eliminate or suppress symptoms.
- First Do No Harm (Primum Non Nocere): Naturopathic physicians follow three guidelines to avoid harming the patient:
- Utilize methods and medicinal substances which minimize the risk of harmful side effects, using the least force necessary to diagnose and treat;
- Avoid when possible the harmful suppression of symptoms; and
- Acknowledge, respect, and work with individuals’ self-healing process.
- Doctor as Teacher (Docere): Naturopathic physicians educate their patients and encourage self-responsibility for health. They also recognize and employ the therapeutic potential of the doctor-patient relationship.
- Treat the Whole Person: Naturopathic physicians treat each patient by taking into account individual physical, mental, emotional, genetic, environmental, social, and other factors. Since total health also includes spiritual health, naturopathic physicians encourage individuals to pursue their personal spiritual development.
- Prevention: Naturopathic physicians emphasize the prevention of disease by assessing risk factors, heredity and susceptibility to disease, and by making appropriate interventions in partnership with their patients to prevent illness.